Emergency Dentist Tempe AZ
If you are having pain or any other urgent dental problem call our office right away.
If our office is closed please call Tempe Office Phone Number 480-839-4550 and follow the instructions for dental emergencies.
Managing Dental Emergencies:
The following steps can be helpful until you can see Dr. Fletcher:
- Toothache: Rinse your mouth with warm water. If swollen, apply a cold compress to the area. Do not apply heat and do not put aspirin products on the tooth or gums. Visit your dentist as soon as possible.
- Object Wedged Between Teeth: To remove debris, rinse with lukewarm water vigorously. Gently floss to dislodge any foreign material. Never use a sharp object to remove an item stuck in between teeth. See a dentist if you are not successful.
- Injury to Lip or Tongue: Apply pressure with a cold compress to bleeding area. See a dentist as soon as possible. If the bleeding doesn’t stop and is heavy, go to a hospital emergency room.
- Broken Filling or Tooth: Rinse gently with warm water to remove debris. Avoid anything very hot or cold. Do not eat sticky or chewy foods. If sensitive or if tooth is irritating tongue, cover tooth with sugarless chewing gum or look in the dental aisle of your pharmacy for dental wax to cover the sharp area. If swollen, apply a cold compress. See a dentist as soon as possible.If available, bring the tooth fragment with you.
DENTAL EMERGENCY PROCEDURES
- Tooth completely out: Find the tooth (or pieces of it) and bring them to Dr. Fletcher. Do not brush or scrub tooth and avoid touching the root as much as possible. Gently rinse tooth under running water. If possible, gently insert tooth back in its socket. If not, place tooth in a cup of milk and see Dr. Fletcher as quickly as possible.
- Possible Broken Jaw: Gently immobilize the jaw with a scarf or towel. Apply ice compresses to control swelling. Seek immediate medical care. Calling Dr. Fletcher once you are medically stable will allow him to connect you with an Oral Surgeon. Emergency Rooms usually can connect you with an oral surgeon.
- Broken Braces/ Loose Wire: Cover the wire tip with a cotton ball, piece of gauze, pencil eraser or wax until you can see your orthodontist or Dr. Fletcher. For a loose or broken appliance, take the pieces with you.
- Loose Crown: Use denture adhesive as temporary cement to replace crown and call Dr. Fletcher as soon as possible: Tempe Office Phone Number 480-839-4550.
- Broken Denture: Use denture adhesive as a temporary solution for cracked or ill-fitting denture. When traveling, it is always wise to carry an extra denture (if you have one) transported in a safe container.